U.S. neighbors to the South are rebelling, South Africa updates, U.S. democrats face intense backlash, and new issues surface with CV-19 vaccines.
South Africa faces riots and unrest.
- Rioting in South Africa. Food prices are crippling in South Africa. Allegedly corrupt former President of South Africa turns himself in.
- Troops mobilize across Ethiopia to counter a rebellion group.
Troubles to the South. (Venezuela, Cuba, Haiti)
- Venezuelan opposition leader is arrested.
- A chase ensued after the assassination of the Haitian President. Suspects seem to largely be Columbian, with possible American ties.
- Cuba blames the U.S. for communist shortcomings. Cuban dictator is still on twitter while former President Trump is still suspended
- Congressman Mario Díaz-Balart decides to put forth law that would assist the troubled nation and only Republicans sign on.
- The Biden admin refuses Cuban immigrants, and Jen Psaki fails at briefing the press on Haiti and Cuba.
Democrats facing backlash, and some domestic issues.
- The economy is plunging further, with an inflation uptick of .5%, and an unemployment tick of about 0.1%. The labor shortage surges on.
- Kamala Harris has a “deplorables” moment, claiming rural Americans find it almost impossible to photocopy their ID. President Biden also asks local governments to start spending CV-19 relief money on crime problems.
- Democrats flip on the “defund the police” narrative. As well as President Biden’s infrastructure deal looks like it is on wobbly legs.
- Texas democrats flee the state in an attempt to subvert the will of the Texan people, and are lauded nationally by the democrats. Governor Abbott has promised swift punishment upon their return
- Arizona ballot auditors find discrepancies in the AZ vote count, but the extent is unclear. The security of future elections is in grave jeopardy.
J&J vaccine has developed a terrifying side effect.
- FDA claims the J&J vaccine has caused 100 preliminary cases of Guillain-Barre syndrome. What is Guillain-Barre syndrome? Former player Travis Fredrick’s reflections on the syndrome.
- U.K. “Freedom Day” soon approaches. Authoritarian regime will ask populace to maintain the current restrictions. U.K. population numbers vs. the amount vaccinated. Americans seem to share some level of common ground on the vaccine issue.
Ken side topic – Ron DeSantis may not run for President in 2024, Trump wins a CPAC poll with 70% and may run in 2024. Prospects of another Trump presidency, and how I think this may set the populist movement back.
Tim side topic – Right to repair